Make My NuMbErS Grow!!

Tribute To My 'Raja Berperlembagaan'

The Thinker

The Thinker
Staring out the BUS, thinking abt life..

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Political Revival or Another Political Tsunami

As I await in the noisy hall of my beloved ex-college hall for some decent internet connection and to check out how is the poll counting going on in Permatang Pauh, some thoughts just flowed in my mind.

As Malaysians who awaits the official number of the polls, I wonder whether we are going towards political maturity or just another political tsunami where voter's choice and faith are treated lightly and I might even term as 'trash'. Both sides of the fence promise something really beautiful in words and when they are in power, the task suddenly becomes too big or too complicated to resolve in 'short' duration.

I'm torn in between the two candidates of BN and PR (sorry to leave out Mr. Hanafi) because I believe as much enthusiasm as he possess, he is just a plankton among the whales.

If BN wins and DSAI loses in the by-election, that means DSAI would need to hide his face in the most secluded area of the world due to embarassment and lost of faith by the people of his so-called strong hold in Permatang Pauh. However, if DSAI wins the by-elections and especially with a higher majority, our opposition would garner more firm grasps in Malaysian political arena. Having said that, I hold my doubts how would our country experience this transition period and go through political maturity (which I hope could happen).

Anyhow, I think its fair enough to say that all politicians' hand are not clean in terms to get to where they are now and today. Somewhere along the line, their hands are tied and may have been dirty by others' dirt. Nonetheless, I believe if the motive of these political leaders are always focus on the rakyat and strive to reach "ideal" nation-state, for the good of all Malaysians then I would put my vote to the ballot for this man or woman. It is definitely not easy trying to please anyone and everyone, but as long as the Good For All is preserve then I guess that is as perfect as we can get...for now...

2008 is definitely a wonderful year for Malaysians and definitely for me personally. Reason is because I thought of leaving this country for greener pasture when the chance come to my door step. However, I may re-consider that option as things seems to be GREENER here than before.

Suddenly, 'I have a Dream' by Martin Luther Jr came to mind.

***This note was a promise that all men, yes, black men as well as white men, would be guaranteed the "unalienable Rights" of "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."***

In the context of Malaysia, maybe I could have the liberty to change it to ***This note was a promise that all men, yes, Malay as well as Chinese, Indian, Sikhs, Kadazan, Dusun, Melanau, Lumbawang and the many indigineous people of Malaysia, would be guaranteed the "unalieable Rights" of "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."***

Let's be brave enough to DREAM

No comments: