Make My NuMbErS Grow!!

Tribute To My 'Raja Berperlembagaan'

The Thinker

The Thinker
Staring out the BUS, thinking abt life..

Friday, August 17, 2007

Friday Macroeconomic Lecture

It's another early morning for me since the beginning of the semester in July. Friday is dreadful for me in a sense that I've macroeconomics class. This subject has been my weakest in all my economics paper since the time I was introduce into the world of economics. It's not that this paper isn't interesting or what but somehow or rather I can't seem to grasp the concept even after discussion with others. And to make things worse, lecturer is not helping either. He just come into the class without a clear pro-forma of the course and teaches anything that comes into his mind, drawing the whole board for two hours and saying "Aiya, itu you pun tak tau. I nak tumbang!" Translated it means (in Malaysian English); Aiya, like that also you don't know. I want faint!

No proper references are given and no notes for the diagram given to ease our understanding. I wonder is this the local teaching system or is it universal in other universities e.g. Harvard, Oxford etc
I mean how to they (lecturers) expect you to listen and copy the notes all in the same time especially when the talking is done in a fast manner. We are not computers where you can run few programmes simultaneously..Hey man, I'm just a mere human!!
Therefore at times, I think as a student, what can I do?

Since I've no chance to change the system as it's out of my circle of influence, so I guess I'll have to do the 'normal' stuff which is just work hard and study hard by reading on my own while hope that I really understand what I'm reading.

No comments: